10:00 AM until 04:00 PM
LocationGrapevine Visitor Information Center View map
636 S. Main St.,
Grapevine, TX, 76051
- Website: http://GrapevineTexasUSA.com/GrapevinePioneers
- Line/Box Office Phone: 817-410-3459
- Cost: Pioneer Passport may be purchased for $12
- Ages: All ages
Step back in time with Grapevine’s educational Summertime in Grapevine experience, Grapevine Pioneers, which takes place throughout Grapevine’s Historic District from 10am–4pm on Saturdays and Sundays through September 20.
Participants will have the opportunity to experience the life of a pioneer on the Grape Vine Prairie by taking part in a variety of 1800s skills and trades activities spread across five separate museums and historic sites.
Participants will have the opportunity to relive the incredible story of a pioneer on the Grape Vine Prairie through a variety of activities, including:
- Creating a bandana at the Cotton Belt Section Foreman House located in the Cotton Belt Railroad District.
- Visiting the Grapevine Tin Shop at the Bragg House to create a tin nameplate.
- Printing a 19th-century game and weaving a flower out of yarn at the Settlement to City Museums.
- Touring the Cotton Ginners Museum within the Settlement to City Museums and learning how cotton is grown and processed.
- Visiting the animals at the Historic Nash Farm, crafting a toy sheep and making a wooden boat.
- Admission to Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites, located in the Visitor Information Center.
Program attendees may begin their journey at either Nash Farm (626 Ball St.) or Grapevine’s Visitor Information Center (636 S. Main St.) where they can purchase the official Grapevine Pioneer Passport. The Pioneer Passport may be purchased for $12 (a $24 value), and includes tickets for six activities. Individual activity tickets may also be purchased separately from the Pioneer Passport for $3.
Families are invited to Shop, Wine & Dine at Grapevine’s fantastic shopping areas in Historic Downtown Grapevine, with more than 80 locally-owned shops, restaurants, winery tasting rooms, boutiques and more.