LocationFair Park View map
3921 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.,
Dallas, TX, 75210
- Website: http://bigtex.com
- Line/Box Office Phone: 214/565-9931
Regular daily admission varies by the day but starts at $15 for adults, $10 for children, and free for 2 and younger. Use promo code 22childCOMBO for discounted ticket bundles.
- Ages: All ages
The State Fair of Texas returns in 2022 with livestock shows, carnival and midway fun, live concerts, exhibits and car shows, college football games inside the Cotton Bowl, and the fair's famous fried foods.
On any given day, there are tons of family-friendly activities and exhibits, all free with your admission ticket. Some of the new, enhanced and returning attractions for this year’s fair include:
- Kroger Starlight Parade, created by Kern Studios of New Orleans. This parade begins at 7:15pm each night and wanders through the fairgrounds, bringing a colorful assortment of floats, life-size puppets, and animated characters in ornate costumes.
- Tanna Banana Story Time: brings children’s stories and songs to life! Her antics delight her audiences with a magical and fun show for the young and the young at heart. Located in the Oak Farms Theater in the Creative Arts Building.
- Alléz-Oops with Rob and Miss Jane, a married duo that waltzes on wine bottles, skips on stilts, and even tame the terrifying tiger baby. Catch this new and silly show on the Fringe Stage.
- Oontz Kids DJ Dance Party: Join this showcase of kid DJs from DFW’s DJ school, OontzKids. While the kiddos dance and play the day away, parents can enjoy rest, food, and drink under the shade of historic oak trees of Howdy’s, near the Children’s Aquarium.
The State Fair of Texas Rodeo returns every weekend of the fair, and it's free with your admission ticket. From high energy bull riding to wild cow milking, each rodeo is different and free with your fair admission ticket. Shows will be held during weekend nights at 6:30pm inside the historic Fair Park Coliseum.
From the makers of ¡Fiestas de Marionetas! you won’t want to miss the all-new Country Roundup on the re-designed Dr Pepper Midway Stage. Created exclusively for the State Fair of Texas, Country Roundup features animatronic and manual puppetry, and a vintage carousel-style stage to captivate its audience.
Free Live Music Concert Series
Only in the Lone Star State can this many Texan musical artists be experienced in one place. See the entire music lineup for 2022, on three stages throughout the fairgrounds for live music every day. Big names on the Main Stage include Ashanti, Fitz and the Tantrums, Trace Adkins. All shows at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7:30pm, unless otherwise noted. Best of all, it's free with your admission ticket.
On every Wednesday of the State Fair of Texas (October 5, 12, 19 and 26), fairgoers can enjoy Sensory-Friendly Mornings, where there will be adjustments made across the fairgrounds to better accommodate those with sensory-related concerns.
Daily admission: Choose the day you attend in advance with the one-day admission ticket to the State Fair of Texas. Prices for daily admission tickets vary by day of week. Ticket prices start at $15 for adult tickets and $10 for child and senior tickets.
Need flexibility in planning your visit to the fair? Premium one-day tickets are valid on any of the 24 days of the fair so you don't have to select the day in advance. These tickets are available online for $24 each.
$5 admission each Wednesday of the fair with a donation to the North Texas Food Bank and $5 admission to all seniors each Thursday of the Fair. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, there's also a $10 option available with a special promo. Look online for all the discount options and more useful details like Thrifty Thursdays for all the food options (fried and otherwise).
Gates open Sundays–Thursdays 10am–9pm and Fridays–Saturdays 10am–10pm. Ticket booths open daily at 9am. State Fair of Texas Midway and Fair Park Museum hours vary.
More Fair Park Attractions
While you're at Fair Park, be sure to visit the new octopus at the Children's Aquarium, the butterfly house at Texas Discovery Gardens, and the African American Museum of Dallas.
Find more family fun events every day of the week at dfwchild.com/calendar.