07:30 PM until 10:00 PM
LocationMeadows Museum at SMU View map
5900 Bishop Blvd.,
Dallas, TX, 75205
- Website: https://meadowsmuseumdallas.org/cal/movie-night-at-the-meadows-museum-the-princess-bride/
- Line/Box Office Phone: 214/768-2516
$10 adults nonmembers; $5 for youth ages 12–18; free for 12 and younger. $5 for museum members.
- Ages: All ages
On Saturday, April 24, enjoy a night under the stars with the Meadows Museum for this screening of the fairy tale adventure The Princess Bride (PG, 1987). A young boy's grandfather reads him the story of a farmboy-turned-pirate on a quest to be reunited with his true love. Watch your email for a link to purchase tickets to the next movie night.
Pull up a blanket or lawn chair and bring a picnic to enjoy. Gates will open at 7:30 pm and the movie starts at 8pm. Run time is 1 hour, 38 minutes. The movie will be screened in English with Spanish subtitles.
Park for free in the Meadows Museum Garage and walk across the Boulevard to Arden Forest, the natural area across Bishop Boulevard from the museum (in between Highland Park Methodist Church and the Perkins School of Theology). Check in with your Eventbrite tickets, either printed or on your phone. Seating will be first-come, first-served, with spaces marked based on registration and placed 6 feet apart. Guests are encouraged to bring their own blankets and chairs to accommodate seating for their group.
$10 adults nonmembers; $5 for youth ages 12–18; free for 12 and younger.
$5 for museum members. Memberships start at $60 a year. Learn more at meadowsmuseumdallas.org/membership.
• No tickets available at the door; all reservations must be made in advance through Eventbrite.
• Per university guidelines, masks are required unless eating or drinking.
• Blankets and portable chairs are welcome.
• Picnics and coolers are welcome; there will be no on-site food service and water fountains on campus are nonoperational due to COVID-19 restrictions.
• First-floor restrooms at the museum will be open until 8:30pm for anyone needing them.
• Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others not from your household.
• Please dispose of all litter in designated trash receptacles at the event or take it with you.