Location775 Camp Road, Marble Falls, TX, USA
- Website: http://campchampions.com
Camp Champions has created a tradition of excellence since 1967. Located on Lake LBJ near Marble Falls, TX, Camp Champions offers over 50 activities and non-stop fun for campers aged 5-17 during 1-, 2-, and 3-week sessions.
In addition to the exciting activities and outstanding facility that you expect from a top overnight summer camp, there are several factors that differentiate Camp Champions from other camps in Texas:
Camp Champions (1) builds strong kids, (2) has the best counselors, and (3) partners with parents to create a successful summer.
1. Camp Champions builds strong kids.
When we talk about “building strong kids”, we’re talking about campers who have grown the skills to excel in school, build strong friendships, become good decision-makers, and ultimately succeed in college and beyond. Our camp is a perfect place to build those skills.
Camp Champions is one of just four camps in the country with the distinction of being an Exemplar Program as designated by the Partnership for 21st Century Learning.
For the last decade we’ve been honing our program to help kids build 21st Century Skills: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, independence, resilience, optimism, and leadership.
In addition to all of the fun we have at camp, our camp program meets each child where he or she is and finds ways to challenge them in an age-appropriate manner. In doing so, we make sure that each camper goes home stronger and more prepared to succeed socially and academically.
2. Camp Champions has the best counselors.
There are two things that we do differently to ensure that we have the best counselor staff anywhere in the country.
First, Camp Champions counselors commit to not drinking alcohol during their term of employment, including on off time. Not only are our counselors always ready to do their jobs at the highest level, but this policy also serves as a filter to make sure that our counselors are committed to being here for the right reasons.
Second, our counselors undergo a full two-week orientation training to cover everything from rules and regulations to activity facilitation, cabin dynamics, and positive communication skills. In fact, we put on a full mock term so that our counselors are completely prepared for when the first campers arrive.
From getting the most committed staff members to putting on the longest training, we are confident that Camp Champions has the best counselors of any camp in the country.
3. Camp Champions partners with parents.
All camps will communicate with parents on how to be prepared for the camp session, but Camp Champions goes above and beyond to partner with parents to create a successful summer.
1. Before camp: Parents fill out a thorough questionnaire about their child before camp starts. Our counselors read and take notes on these questionnaires before the camp session starts to understand what the parents’ goals are for each camper.
2. During camp: Once during the term, we schedule a time for counselors to make a phone call to the parents of each camper. Parents love hearing directly from the counselors who are spending every day with their children. Pictures are also posted every day so that parents can follow along with what is happening at camp.
3. After camp: At the end of the session, counselors write a “Camper Report” for each camper to summarize the camper’s goals, favorite activities, and friends that they made. Parents love understanding more about what happened at camp and many parents use it as a resource to ask their children about all of the things they got to do at camp.
Camp Champions defines excellence as building strong kids, creating the best possible staff, and communicating with parents in a way that makes them feel like partners.
We are committed to serving our families at the highest possible level, so if you have any questions please give us a call at 830-598-2571. We are here to help you create the best summer possible!