Ever imagine how much time you’d have in your day if it weren’t for driving back and forth from various errands? According to Lifting the Burden Errand Services (www.lifting-the-burden.com), you’re not the only one.
“Our core clientele is made up of families and parents,” says Toni Duncan, who founded the Dallas-Fort Worth errand business. “We currently service families with children with special needs and also adults with special needs who want to maintain their independence.”
In addition to services like Lifting the Burden, many local stores offer delivery or curbside pickup, including:
- Christopher Stephen Grocery Delivery (www.christopherstephengrocery.com) delivers groceries and household items to Dallas-Fort Worth-area ZIP codes.
- Fast Click Grocery (www.fastclickgrocery.com) delivers to Uptown and downtown Dallas.
- Preston Road Pharmacy (www.prestonroadpharmacy.com) and Dougherty’s Pharmacy (www.doughertys.com) deliver.
- The Container Store offers free pickup (www.containerstore.com/clickandpickup).
- Whole Foods (www.wholefoodsmarket.com) will deliver groceries, have them available for curbside pickup or select gifts for you. A personal-shopping fee is 15 percent of pre-tax total. Delivery is $20 for four paper bags and a case of water; additional bags are $2.50 each.