COPY EDITOR, Freelance
Posted: September 29, 2021
DFWChild is looking for a copy editor to ensure content is accurate, grammatically correct and easy to read and that it conforms to house format, style, and tone. You will work closely with the print, digital and art teams as well as help resolve copy and workflow problems. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Copyedit and proofread editorial material in: print, newsletters and some digital posts, and review changes with editors and writers as necessary
- Check final print issue before shipping to printer and make changes as needed during press week
Who you are:
- You have at least 3 years’ post-grad experience working as a copy editor at a print/digital magazine; experience working on long-form content is a plus
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous, with an excellent knowledge of grammar, usage, spelling and punctuation
- You are proficient in the AP Style or another major style guide
- You’re a highly-organized multitasker who can work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
- You have experience working with InCopy/InDesign files
- You have good people and communication skills
- You are a pleasure to work with
Email a cover letter, resume and clips to email@example.com with the subject line “Copy Editor.” In the cover letter, tell us your salary requirements. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format.
DFWChild is always interested in hearing from creative, passionate and driven people looking to work together.
- ILLUSTRATORS, PHOTOGRAPHERS and GRAPHIC DESIGNERS looking to collaborate on a freelance basis, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio.
- For WRITERS and EDITORS looking to contribute their voice or editing capabilities, contact email@example.com with writing or editing samples.
- Interested in working with our MARKETING and EVENTS team? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For SALES opportunities, please email email@example.com.