DFWChild’s calendar is one of its most popular features—with events for children of all ages every day of the month, it appeals to every one of the magazine’s readers! You can reach thousands of potential attendees to your event by submitting information to our calendar online.
• You’ve opened the form for submitting events to our calendar, which you must fill out in its entirety.
• After the form is completely filled out, click “Submit.” An email will be automatically sent informing the calendar editor that a new event has been submitted to the calendar. He/she will review the event and edit per our editorial style and standards. Your event will then appear in DFWChild’s online calendar and, if time and space allow, in the upcoming print edition.
• In order for your event to be considered for our print edition, you should submit your information no later than the 3rd of the month preceding (for example, if your event is Nov. 23, you should submit information by Oct. 3). If you don’t make the deadline for our print edition, your event will still appear in our online calendar and may also be featured in our Weekend Guide, which is sent to more than 30,000 readers by email every Thursday.
Keep these tips in mind when filling out
our online calendar form:
• You must include a phone number, website, name of the venue and address of the event.
• Including or sending a photo is strongly suggested. High resolution photos and photographer credit can be emailed to: email@example.com
• The description should have all the important details, including the ages of children who may participate in the event, what activities will be offered, any extra costs, whether pre-registration is required, etc.
• Must be open to the general public and be of interest to families in the North Texas region
• For camps/classes that require multi-day registration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org