Dig out your cowboy boots and hats because the State Fair of Texas is back and better than before! Every year, Texans and non-Texans alike look forward to seeing Big Tex, eating a Fletcher’s Corny Dog and entertainment galore—but we’re all very aware all that fun adds up quickly and makes your wallet feel a little too light for comfort. However, the cost shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the biggest event of the fall, so we’ve reached out to our partners and rounded up some of the best ways to save, while still enjoying everything the Fair has to offer.
Tuesdays: For the Thrillseekers
- Bring in an empty Dr. Pepper can and receive half-price admission of $9.
- Hit the Midway for Thrilling Tuesday, most rides will be discounted! So, you can save some tickets for next time.
Wednesdays: BEST Admission Discounts
- Before 5pm:
Bring 4 canned good items and only pay $4 for your admission! Every canned good item will be donated to the North Texas Food Bank.
- After 5pm:
Bring empty Dr. Pepper can and receive half-price admission of $9.
Thursdays: Calling All Foodies & Young at Heart
- Senior citizens 60+ get free admission.
- Bring empty 20 oz bottle of any Coca-Cola product and receive half-price admission of $9.
- Coca-Cola Thrifty Thursday
Munch on your favorite Fair foods at a reduced price at select vendors ranging from mini versions to regular-sized items (did someone say fried Oreos?). Find the complete list of discounted food items in their free Visitor’s Guide at the entry gate.
Other Ways to Save
- You can bring food and drinks into the fairgrounds—even coolers! Just no outside alcohol and no glass containers. FAQs can be found here.
- Look for the 2 Coupon water bottle stations around the grounds.
- Buy your 2019 Big Tex souvenir cup and/or bring yours from previous years for discounted refills.
- Food/Ride coupons don’t expire! So yes, you can totally bring those coupons from last year.
Promoted content provided by State Fair of Texas.