With August coming to a close, Labor Day is right around the corner. For most people in states other than Texas, it signals the end of summer. But here, with temps in the 90s through October, that’s not necessarily the case. But we will still gladly take that three-day weekend, please!
So how are you going to spend this year’s holiday, with social distancing still a thing? We have a few ideas …
1.Head to the lake – You have many options here: Lewisville Lake, Lake Grapevine, White Rock Lake, Lake Ray Hubbard—should we keep going?
2. Host a backyard barbecue – Depending on how you social distance and if you’re comfortable with close family and friends joining in, this is an easy way to hang out with those you love. Fire up the grill and get those hot dogs cooking!
3. Cook and bake together – This can go hand-in-hand with your backyard barbecue. Get the kiddos involved with food prep by letting them mix the batter for the cupcakes or form hamburger patties.
4. Have a scavenger hunt – Create a list of things you want the kids to find either around a local, small downtown area; your backyard; or your neighborhood.
5. Go shopping – Maybe you didn’t quite finish your back-to-school shopping; use this time to get it done!
6. Visit a national park – This is a great weekend to get out in nature either for the day or for the whole weekend. (Make sure to reserve your spot soon if you plan on camping, though.)
7. Go hiking or biking – We have a list of trails around DFW here.
8. Visit a splash pad or sprayground – Yes, we have a list of those too.
9. Set up a backyard movie theater or go to a drive-in – There’s nothing like watching a movie under the stars.
10. Make crafts together – Involve the whole family with making a time capsule or tie-dyeing some shirts.
How are you spending Labor Day? Tell us at email@example.com.
Image courtesy of iStock.